During the Christmas holidays, families sometimes take the opportunity to visit various locations across the island, such as national parks, heritage sites and beaches . Here are some locations you may consider visiting this holiday season.
Access to the parks are usually free of cost and are open most days except National Heroes’ Day and Labour Day.
- Hollywell National Park – St. Andrew
- Castleton Botanical Gardens – St. Mary
- Hope Botanical Gardens – Hope Road, St. Andrew
- Bath Botanical Gardens – Bath, St. Thomas
There are a number of sites such as great houses, caves, former battle sites, among others. The Jamaica National Heritage Trust offers tours of the heritage sites for a minimal fee. Some of the more well-known and visited sites include:
- Rose Hall Great House in Montego Bay, St. James
- Two Sisters Cave in St. Catherine
- Trench Town Culture Yard in Kingston
- Roxborough in Manchester
- Port Royal and Fort Charles in Kingston
For additional information you may contact :