Minister of Health and Wellness, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton (right), speaks to 101-year-old Fannie Knight, after she received her COVID-19 vaccine at the National Arena, on Saturday (March 27). Sharing the moment is Public Health Nurse, Stacy Rennalls.
Photo of the Day
- Students at Mona Heights Primary School practising social distancing before going into their classes for the resumption of face-to-face learning, on Tuesday (May 11).
- Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Fayval Williams, engages with a grade-11 student at the Dunoon Park Technical High School in Kingston, during a visit to the institution on Monday (May 10) to observe operations, as schools across the island resume face-to-face classes for students preparing for upcoming exams.
- Minister of Labour & Social Security, Hon. Karl Samuda (second right), greets High Commissioner of Canada to Jamaica, Her Excellency Emina Tudakovic (second left), during a call at the National Insurance Fund offices, 40 Knutsford Boulevard in Kingston. The discussions revolved around strengthening the current bilateral agreements between Jamaica and Canada. Others (from left) are Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Colette Roberts Risden, and Minister of State in the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, Zavia Mayne.
- Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, walks with Mona Preparatory School students on the grounds of Jamaica House after reading to them on Tuesday (May 4). The activity is in observance of Read Across Jamaica Day.
- Kingston’s Mayor, Senator Councillor Delroy Williams (left), and Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation (KSAMC) Youth Councillor Representative for the Springfield Division, Reajean Bennett, lay wreaths at the Secret Gardens Monument in downtown Kingston, during a ceremony on Sunday (May 2) in memory of the nation’s children who have died under violent/tragic circumstances. The ceremony formed part of the Corporation’s activities commemorating Child Month during May under the theme: ‘I Strive to Overcome Adversities with Resilience’ (I.S.O.A.R.).
- Minister of Health and Wellness, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton, addressing the COVID Conversations digital press conference on April 29.
- Education, Youth and Information Minister, Hon. Fayval Williams, making her 2021/22 Sectoral Debate presentation in the House of Representatives on Wednesday (April 28).
- Minister of Health and Wellness, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton (right), examines a shipment of AstraZeneca vaccine from the COVAX Facility, which arrived at the Norman Manley International Airport on Monday (April 26). Sharing the moment (at left) is PAHO/WHO Country Representative for Jamaica, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, Bernadette Theodore Gandi.
- Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries, Hon. Floyd Green (left) and owner of Carita Jamaica Limited, Rita Hilton (centre), listen to Produce Inspector, Caroline Simmonds, as she examines mangoes at the Norman Manley International Airport before being flown to the United Kingdom (UK), on Thursday (April 22). Jamaica has resumed exporting mangoes to the UK after a self-imposed ban in 2014 due to fruit flies.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Senator the Hon. Kamina Johnson Smith, addressing Friday’s (April 23) sitting of the Senate at Gordon House.
Photo of the day
May 13, 2021
Get the facts