At present, the only way to prevent and control the Dengue epidemic is to combat the mosquitoes that transmit the disease:
1. Discard old drums, used tyres, plastic containers and other items that collect rainwater. These items act as breeding ground for the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes.
2. Sleeping area should have mosquito netting over the bed.
3. Avoid mosquito bites even during the day.
4. Wear long sleeves shirts and long pants outdoor.
5. Use mosquito repellent on skin and clothing.
6. Eliminate mosquito breeding sites around homes.
7. Regularly change water in animals and pets container.
Information gathered from the Ministry of Health Website.