The honour of the Order of the Nation (ON) may be conferred upon any Governor-General of Jamaica and upon any person who has been appointed as Prime Minister of Jamaica, not being a person upon whom the honour of the Order of National Hero has been conferred. A member of the Order is styled “The Most Honourable” and the spouse of the member is also entitled to be so styled. The motto of the Order is “One Nation Under God”.
The insignia of the The Order of the Nation consists of a magnificent breast star bearing the heraldic Arms of Jamaica on a red enamelled background in the centre and surrounded by the motto of the Order in gold lettering on green enamel. Between the points of the star are gold representations of pineapples. the broad watered silk sash is in a brilliant red with narrow green edging.
Members of the Order of the Nation
- His Excellency, The Most Honourable Sir Patrick Linton Allen, ON, CD, Governor General of Jamaica
- The Most Honourable Sir Howard Felix Hanlan Cooke, ON, GCMG, GCVO, CD, Governor-General of Jamaica (Retired)
- The Most Honourable Percival Noel James Patterson, ON, OCC, PC, QC, Prime Minister of Jamaica 1992-2006
- The Most Honourable Portia Lucretia Simpson Miller, ON, MP, Prime Minister of Jamaica 2006-2007, 2012-2016
- The Most Honourable Andrew Michael Holness, ON, PC, MP, Prime Minister of Jamaica 2011-2012, 2016-present
Members of the Order of the Nation – Deceased
- The Most Honourable Sir Clifford Clarence Campbell, ON, GCMG, GCVO, Former Governor-General of Jamaica
- The Most Honourable Sir Florizel Agustus Glasspole, ON, GCMG, GCVO, CD, Former Governor-General of Jamaica
- The Most Honourable Michael Norman Manley, ON, OM, OCC, Former Prime Minister of Jamaica
- The Most Honourable Sir Donald Burns Sangster, ON, GCVO, Former Prime Minister of Jamaica
- The Most Honourable Hugh Lawson Shearer, ON, OJ, PC, Former Prime Minister of Jamaica
- The Most Honourable Edward Phillip George Seaga, ON, PC, Prime Minister of Jamaica during the period November 1980 – February 1989