Science, Energy and Technology at Your Service
Mr. Speaker, in the commencement of my first Sectoral address as Minister of Science, Energy and Technology I must take the time to recognise and thank:
- My constituents of St. Andrew Eastern, workers, councillor, management team, friends, well-wishers, and all those who have had encouraging words for me;
- Prime Minister, The Most Honourable Andrew Holness, for this opportunity, my Cabinet colleagues and Members of this Honourable House;
- My hard-working Permanent Secretary, and team at the Ministry;
- The Heads and staff of the Agencies and Departments of the Ministry, as well as the Chairpersons and Directors of the boards falling under the Ministry; and
- My family, who are also on this journey with me, my husband who is in the gallery, their collective efforts helped me to be here this afternoon I am grateful for your support.
INTRODUCTION & OPENING REMARKS
Mr. Speaker, it is with great honour that I stand before you this afternoon as Minister of Science, Energy and Technology.
When I was first named to lead this Ministry by Prime Minister, the Most Honourable Andrew Holness, I was met with a mixture of congratulations and commiserations. However, as I have immersed myself in the work of this Ministry over the last thirteen weeks, I have grown more excited as it has been reinforced that science, energy and technology are the undeniable forces that will drive our nation’s development and Fuel Growth.
Mr. Speaker, we are on a journey to transform our nation and improve the lives of our people through science, energy and technology. It is my intention, during this presentation, to demonstrate how the policies and programmes of this Ministry have been serving thus far and how they will transform our lives.Download Full Speech