As Jamaica continues our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, The MICAF and its agencies wishes to assure our valued stakeholders that we will remain fully functional and commit to meeting the needs of our key publics.
We value our stakeholders and regret that we have to temporarily restrict access aimed at safeguarding your health as well as those of our staff.
Effective immediately, therefore, a restricted visitor policy is in place at the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries and its Agencies. It is a move intended to protect stakeholders and staff during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Given the public health risks surrounding the disease and with the instructions conveyed by Prime Minister the Most Hon. Andrew Holness and health officials, the Ministry must take action to halt the spread of this new virus by limiting the number of visitors allowed into the Ministry.
- Only designated staff, security personnel, and janitorial workers will be permitted to enter inside the Ministry/Agency.
- Visits are restricted to persons with appointments only, suppliers and emergency personnel.
- No gatherings over 10 persons
- Meetings should preferably be conducted on an online platform instead of face-to-face.
- Customers/visitors will be required to maintain physical distancing.
- Visitors must comply with the following guidelines:
- Any visitor, who is experiencing symptoms such as fever, sneezing, cough, etc., will not be permitted to go further than the reception area.
- As far as possible, please call ahead/contact the person you wish to visit before coming to our offices.
- Please comply with the latest guidelines communicated by the Government.
Let’ stay safe and healthy as we ride out this storm together!