Mr. Speaker (MS), it is the 1st in 15 years that the MoJ is doing a Sectoral Presentation in the Lower House of Parliament and I am honoured to be the Standard Bearer.
MS, the work of a Justice Ministry in any country is the foundation for the establishment of a just and law abiding society.
Our Ministry of Justice has lived up to this responsibility and continues to be the nucleus of the Government’s legislative programme.
MS, as the Ministry responsible for advancing, upholding and facilitating the Rule of Law in the delivery of justice, the MoJ administers and delivers justice services, as well as provides the policy framework, operational support and analysis on justice issues.
- MS, as part of our mandate, our commitment to justice, is to ensure
- That the rights and freedoms of every citizen is protected and respected;
- That the abuse of power is exposed and sanctioned;
- That Officials exercising authority are held strictly accountable and responsible for their decisions;
- That our Courts will operate efficiently and effectively; and
- That justice is delivered in a timely and satisfactory manner.