Madam Speaker, I commence this my second Sectoral Address as Minister of Science, Energy and Technology with a grateful heart. Indeed, it is without question, that God has been good and equally merciful. I thank Him for having brought us all through what was undoubtedly a testing period.
Madam Speaker, I pause at this moment to also give recognition and show gratitude to:
• the Most Honourable Andrew Holness, Prime Minister of Jamaica, whose vision and leadership is a constant source of inspiration and strength;
• my life partner Ann-Marie and beautiful family, whose love and support are ever-present and unfailing;
• my constituents and the leadership of West Portland, whose continued confidence has allowed me to serve in such a pivotal role;
• my dedicated Permanent Secretary, Mrs. Carol Palmer, on whose perceptive leadership I rely to advance the work of the Ministry;
• my Boards led by Dr. Parris Lyew-Ayee for Science, Mr. Wayne Chen for Energy and Mr. Keith Duncan for Technology;
• the leadership and staff across the Ministry, its Departments and Agencies;
• and our international and private sector partners.
It would be remiss of me not to acknowledge my Parliamentary colleagues on both sides of the political aisle, as well as the Clerk to the Houses of Parliament and her staff.
Their contributions to advancing the nation’s business are greatly appreciated.
I thank you all.Download Full Speech