JIS News

Jamaica now has 721 confirmed COVID-19 cases. This increase comes as six new samples have tested positive as at Friday (July 3).

At the same time, five more patients have recovered and have been released from care, bringing that total to 565. (78.4% Recovery Rate).

All six cases are imported, having arrived on flights from the USA. Four are males and two are females, all with ages ranging from 15 to 40 years. Five are non-Jamaicans staying in Westmoreland (3), St. James (1), and Kingston & St. Andrew (1) and one is a Jamaican with an address of residence in Kingston & St. Andrew.

Jamaica currently has 137 (19%) active cases under observation, with one moderately ill patient. There are no critically ill patients, while nine cases (1.2%) have been repatriated to their country of origin.

All 721 cases recorded in Jamaica have been categorized as 206 imported cases; 233 cases that are contacts of confirmed cases; 39 local transmission cases not epidemiologically linked; 236 related to the workplace cluster in St. Catherine and 7 under investigation.

Females account for 56% (407) of all confirmed cases and the remaining 44% (314) are males. The ages of all confirmed cases range from 2 months to 87 years.

Clinical Management Summary as at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 3, 2020

Total Samples Tested

 

25,750
New Samples tested in the last 24 hours

 

521
Discharge samples tested in the last 24 hours

 

11
Results Positive

 

721
Results Negative

 

24,961
Results Pending

 

68
Deceased

 

10
Recovered

 

565
Number in Facility Quarantine

 

12
Number in Home Quarantine

 

5,141
Number Hospitalised

(Including suspected positive COVID-19 cases)

 

17
Persons in Facility Isolation

 

13
Persons in Home Isolation

 

97
Persons in Step Down Facilities (Isolation) 10
Persons Moderately Ill

 

1
Persons Critically Ill

 

0
Skip to content