Seven more COVID-19 patients have recovered and have been released from isolation, bringing the total recoveries to 591 (80.2% Recovery rate).
At the same time, following the confirmation of five new cases, as at Monday (July 6), Jamaica now has a total of 737 COVID-19 cases.
The five new cases are imported, having arrived on flights from the USA and Dominican Republic. Three are males and two are females with ages ranging from 17 to 65 years. Three are Jamaican nationals with addresses in Kingston & St. Andrew (2) and Manchester (1). Two are non-Jamaicans staying in St. James.
There are now 123 (16.7%) active cases under observation, while 13 (1.7%) cases were repatriated to their country of origin. There is no moderately ill or critically ill patient at this time.
Nine persons-of-interest remain quarantined at government facilities and 6,896 are in home quarantine. The health departments across the island are currently following 300 close contacts of confirmed cases.
All 737 cases recorded in Jamaica have been categorized as 221 imported cases; 234 cases that are contacts of confirmed cases; 39 local transmission cases not epidemiologically linked; 236 related to the workplace cluster in St. Catherine and seven under investigation.
Females account for 56% (416) of all confirmed cases and the remaining 44% (321) are males. The ages of all confirmed cases range from 2 months to 87 years.
Clinical Management Summary as at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, July 6, 2020
|Total Samples Tested
|New Samples tested in the last 24 hours
|Discharge samples tested in the last 24 hours
|Number in Facility Quarantine
|Number in Home Quarantine
|Persons in Hospital Isolation
(Including suspected positive COVID-19 cases)
|Persons in Facility Isolation
|Persons in Home Isolation
|Persons in Step Down Isolation Facilities||5|
|Persons Moderately Ill
|Persons Critically Ill