JIS News

The National Housing Trust (NHT) says it is committed to cooperating fully with the investigations being carried out by the Office of the Contractor General (OCG), into allegations of irregularities in the re-registration of contractors benefitting from NHT contracts.
In a release Thursday on (January 7), NHT Board Chairman, Howard Mitchell, responded to reports that the OCG has uncovered irregularities which revealed that certain interests colluded to provide and falsify information, which could have compromised the NHT’s contract-award process in certain instances, as well as the Government’s procurement guidelines.
Acknowledging that the allegations, if proven, are indicative of unfair business practices, Mr. Mitchell said the NHT, as an institution committed to the philosophy of ethical business practices, would leave no stone unturned to get to the root of the matter.
“In this regard, he said, the Trust has been co-operating with the OCG since the matter was brought to its attention, and will continue to do so until it is ultimately resolved. The NHT Board Chairman added that where required, the Trust will also fully co-operate with the police, to whom the matter has been referred by the OCG,” the NHT release said.
“Mr. Mitchell emphasised that the Trust is carrying out its own internal investigations and, to facilitate this being done in the most transparent manner, the organisation had decided to send on leave the employees implicated so far in the OCG investigations,” the release added.
Mr. Mitchell also stated that the Trust remained committed to its corporate values of integrity, accountability and professionalism to ensure the utmost probity in its business affairs. He also assured NHT contributors that while short-term measures were being implemented to deal with the matter being investigated by the OCG, longer-term interventions will be put in place, if required.

Skip to content