Press Release – The Meteorological Service has extended:
• The Flash Flood Warning for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes.
• Effective until 5:00 a.m. tomorrow.
• The persistent Trough across Jamaica and the western Caribbean is still producing unstable weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and recorded rainfall data indicate that light to moderate, and at times heavy showers and thunderstorms affected most parishes today.
• The forecast is for scattered showers and thunderstorms, which could be heavy at times, to continue affecting sections of most parishes tonight, with a gradual reduction in rainfall activity Tuesday into Wednesday. Flash flooding is therefore possible over low-lying and flood-prone areas of the island.
• A FLASH FLOOD WARNING means flooding has been reported or will occur shortly. Motorists and pedestrians should not attempt to cross flooded roadways or other low-lying areas as strong currents are likely. Residents in low-lying areas should be on the alert for rising waters and be ready to move quickly to higher ground.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.