- The staging of this Symposium is a remarkable demonstration of public-private partnership.
- The Symposium has been billed as an event primarily aimed at informing local investors and the business community in general about Jamaica’s Logistics Initiative.
- The Initiative is a challenge to every Jamaican entrepreneur.
The staging of this Symposium is a remarkable demonstration of public-private partnership in support of the transformation of the business and socio- economic landscape of Jamaica.
This Private Sector-led Symposium has been billed as an event primarily aimed at informing local investors and the business community in general about Jamaica’s Logistics Initiative. Indeed, it is important to note that our deliberations over the next two days will be closely observed by our competitors and prospective investors located well beyond the shores of Jamaica.
Let us therefore then recognize this Symposium for what it is- a global event!
- In fact my friends, everything about the Jamaica Logistics Hub Initiative has distinct global relevance!
- This Initiative is challenging the paradigms of how we think about how we do business with the world, and the plans we are making to expand and make our businesses more profitable!
- This Initiative is a challenge to every Jamaican entrepreneur, and to every Jamaican business to begin to think outside of their comfort zones; and to arrive at responses to some of those troublesome questions that might be keeping you up at nights:
How do I see global competition to my business?
Am I fearful about the survival of my business?
Am I equipped to compete? How do I respond?
Could this Jamaica Logistics Hub Initiative be the answer to our prayers for a way out of our economic malaise and for my business to grow beyond my wildest dreams?
If so, how then do I insert my business into global value chains in order not only to survive but to compete successfully and to generate wealth?
These are questions that I as Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce constantly contemplate; I too am up at nights, frequently into the wee hours of the morning, cognizant of the fact that the future of our economy depends on us getting this Initiative right, by closely collaborating as trusted partners to achieve sustained economic benefits and positive results never before seen in Jamaica…READ MORE