- Office of the Prime Minister
- Ministry of Economic Growth & Job Creation
- Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport
- Transport and Mining
- Energy, Science and Technology
- National Security
- Local Government and Community Development
- Labour and Social Security
- Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries
- Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Finance and Public Service
- Education, Youth and Information
The Ministry of National Security’s main responsibility is to contribute towards creating a safe and secure Jamaica by the effective enforcement of law, order and maintenance of secure borders.
The Ministry of National Security (MNS) was established as a single Ministry in 2001 following the separation of the Ministry of National Security and Justice to form two separate Ministries.
This allows the Ministry to focus on the maintenance of law and order, the protection of the country against internal and external threats, the safety of Jamaica’s borders and the punishment and rehabilitation of offenders.