• Category

  • Content Type

Replacing a Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate

January 25, 2024
Replacing a Birth, Marriage or Death Certificate

The Full Story

All births, marriages and deaths are to be registered with the Registrar General’s Department (RGD) within reasonable time of the event. The RGD reviews applications submitted and issues certificates. The process to replace these certificates may be completed online or at any of the RGD branches.


Replacing a Birth Certificate

An application for birth certificate replacement requires:

  • The Birth Entry Number
  • Full name of the birth certificate holder
  • Parents’ names
  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth (city, district, parish)
  • Sex of the certificate holder


Replacing a Death Certificate

An application for death certificate replacement requires:

  • Death Entry Number
  • Name of the deceased
  • Sex of the deceased
  • Date of death
  • Place of death (city, district, parish)
  • Cause of death
  • Date of death registration


Replacing a Marriage Certificate

An application for marriage certificate replacement requires:

  • Place of marriage
  • Date of marriage
  • Names of the bride and groom
  • Name of the marriage officer

The application process may be delayed if the required information is not provided or if the RGD needs to conduct a search.

For additional information, contact:

Registrar General’s Department

Twickenham Park, St. Catherine

Telephone: 876-749-0550/876-619-1260

Email: information@rgd.gov.jm

Website: www.rgd.gov.jm

Facebook: RGD Jamaica

X: @RGD_Jamaica

Instagram: @rgd_jamaica


Last Updated: January 25, 2024

Skip to content