Vision 2030 Jamaica is a strategic road map to guide the country to achieve its goals of sustainable development and prosperity by 2030.
Vision 2030 Jamaica is in line with the inclusive development paradigm of the United Nations that integrates the standards and principles of human rights – participation, non-discrimination and accountability.
The comprehensive vision of the national development plan is to make Jamaica the place of choice to live, work, raise families and do business.
Keep apace with Jamaica’s progress with the Vision 2030 Dashboard of Indicators.
Vision 2030 Jamaica is guided by seven principles that firmly place the people of the country at the forefront of the nation’s development strategy. These principles are:
- Transformational leadership
- Transparency and accountability
- Social cohesion
- Sustainability (economic, social and environmental)
- Sustainable urban and rural development
Get a better understanding of Vision 2030 with this shortened, Popular Version of the Vision 2030 Jamaica: National Development Plan.
National Goals, Outcomes and Strategies
Vision 2030 can only be realised by targeted plans and programmes that are closely monitored. There are four long term goals. Each goal will be actualised when national outcomes are achieved. These outcomes are guided by accompanying strategies and projects. The slideshow below outlines the National Goals, Outcomes and Strategies in the Vision 2030 National Development Plan:
As An Individual, Where Do I Begin?
- Return to/or strengthen the core values and attitudes which guided your parents and fore-parents. These include: trust, honesty and truthfulness, respect, forgiveness and tolerance, love, peace, unity, discipline, responsibility, cooperation, integrity, punctuality and good work ethic.
- Learn everything you can about Vision 2030 Jamaica and help to educate others.
- Participate fully in the process, at the individual, community and national level.
- Be a leader who helps others to change for the better.