- JADCO continues its Results Management Process
- JADCO Anti-Doping Rules Violation Review Panel conducted their initial review
The Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) continues its Results Management Process in accordance with its Anti-Doping Rules, 2008.
Following receipt of the 5 Adverse Analytical Findings (AAFs) from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Accredited Laboratory in Montreal, Canada, JADCO wishes to state the following:
1. The JADCO Anti-Doping Rules Violation Review Panel conducted their initial review to confirm the integrity of the doping control procedures employed.
2. All athletes were officially notified of their AAFs and an immediate acknowledgement of receipt was requested. They were also given the mandatory 7 days in which to indicate:
a. An explanation for the AAF; and
b. A request for an analysis of the B sample.
3. To date four (4) athletes have acknowledged receipt of the notification and one (1) has requested analysis of their B sample. The official responses to the AAF are awaited.
4. If the results of the B sample analysis confirm the findings of the A sample analysis, JADCO will refer the cases to the independent body, the Jamaica Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel.
JADCO maintains its robust Anti-Doping Programme and conducted 17 tests at the National Junior Championships, June 15-16, 2013 and 70 tests at the National Senior Championships, June 20-23, 2013. Since starting Doping Control Testing in May 2009, JADCO has conducted 860 tests – 504 In-Competition and 356 Out-of-Competition.