- Abi-Gaye Smythe-Beating The Odds
- Good Feeling – August Town Peace Builders Get PM Medal
- Female Carpenter Breaking down Walls
- Spanish Town ‘Reggae Chef’ Making it Big in New York
- Nt’l Honour for Health Worker Fighting Addictions in Inner-City
- Ambition to Serve in the JCF Realised After 16 Years, Four Exams
- Inside a Police Youth Camp That’s Saving Lives
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has noted that most people infected with Zika virus will have no clue that they have contracted the mosquito-borne illness. This is because some infected persons will show no symptoms.
However, while there are others who will manifest symptoms of the virus, it is important to note that the symptoms of Zika are usually vague.
Diagnosis is typically confirmed with a blood test, and as such, it is important to visit your doctor if you suspect you have contracted the virus.
Meanwhile, these are some of the symptoms that you need to look out for:
- Mild to severe fever
- Rash which may itch
- Redness of eyes
- Joint pains
- Muscle pain
- Swelling in lower limbs
Less common symptoms of the virus include vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhoea, and abdominal pain.
The MOH has also advised that pregnant women, infants, elderly, and persons with underline medical conditions such as diabetes are at risk for severe symptoms.