- Distinguished Educator Recognised for his Service to Education
- Senate Passes Child Diversion Bill
- Gov’t and Newport Fersan Partner to Provide Fertiliser for Coffee Farmers
- Jamaicans Encouraged to Serve on Boards of Public Bodies
- Inaugural Local Governance Conference July 17 to 19, 2018
- Agriculture Minister to Tackle Illegal Imports
- Psychologists to Assess Firearm Licence Applicants
- Education Minister says PEP will Better Prepare Students for High School
- Strategic Review of Petrojam to be Completed By November – PM
- Good Governance Training for All Cabinet Members
Miss Enthrose Campbell, Director of Production since 2009, has been employed to the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) for the past 18 years, having been recruited as Editor in the Radio Department.
She has had the distinction of serving in the capacity of Manager for both the JIS Radio and Television departments in 2000 and 1998 respectively; a responsibility which has equipped her to give oversight to the Production Division which now includes the Computer Services Department.
As Production Director, her skills and competencies are relied on to ensure a coordinated response by her departments to State and Official events and she keeps a keen eye on the programming to ensure the output is at a high quality daily. As Chairman of the Jamaica 50 and JIS 50 Committees, Ms. Campbell led the teams which produced the Agency’s Jamaica 50 publication and the celebratory activities to mark the 50th Anniversary of the JIS.
A graduate of the University of the West Indies (Mona), Ms. Campbell holds a Masters in Spanish Translation and has had her skills utilized by the Government of Jamaica to translate for journalists on a number of occasions including speeches delivered by former Prime Minister, the Most Hon. P.J. Patterson and President of Cuba, Fidel Castro.
She has pursued training courses in Venezuela, China, Cuba and Spain as well as Colombia where she sharpened her management, language, and technical skills.
A woman of faith, Ms. Campbell continues to inspire her colleagues at JIS and at her local assembly where she worships at the Church of the Open Bible with her drive for excellence.