- Choose Employment over Crime – PM Holness
- JCF Strengthening Community Policing Strategies
- Laws with Outdated Penalties to be Revised
- More Corporate Entities Urged to Adopt St. Catherine Clinics
- Kiwanis Movement Invited to Deepen Partnership with Youth
- NHT Spruces Up Parent Overnight Suite at Bustamante Hospital
- Caribbean Christian Centre for the Deaf Gets New Look
- Gov’t Committed to Making Schools Disabled-Friendly
- UDC Carries Out Improvements at Calabar Infant, Primary and Junior High
- PM Calls for More Jamaicans to Give Back to Their Communities
Miss Enthrose Campbell, Director of Production since 2009, has been employed to the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) for the past 18 years, having been recruited as Editor in the Radio Department.
She has had the distinction of serving in the capacity of Manager for both the JIS Radio and Television departments in 2000 and 1998 respectively; a responsibility which has equipped her to give oversight to the Production Division which now includes the Computer Services Department.
As Production Director, her skills and competencies are relied on to ensure a coordinated response by her departments to State and Official events and she keeps a keen eye on the programming to ensure the output is at a high quality daily. As Chairman of the Jamaica 50 and JIS 50 Committees, Ms. Campbell led the teams which produced the Agency’s Jamaica 50 publication and the celebratory activities to mark the 50th Anniversary of the JIS.
A graduate of the University of the West Indies (Mona), Ms. Campbell holds a Masters in Spanish Translation and has had her skills utilized by the Government of Jamaica to translate for journalists on a number of occasions including speeches delivered by former Prime Minister, the Most Hon. P.J. Patterson and President of Cuba, Fidel Castro.
She has pursued training courses in Venezuela, China, Cuba and Spain as well as Colombia where she sharpened her management, language, and technical skills.
A woman of faith, Ms. Campbell continues to inspire her colleagues at JIS and at her local assembly where she worships at the Church of the Open Bible with her drive for excellence.