- Retirement Dump fire and smoke nuisance eradicated – NSWMA
- PM Holness Invited for Historic Official Participation at BRICS Summit
- Education Ministry and Parent-Teacher Association to Stage PEP Sessions
- Montego Bay Continues to Show Mettle – Minister Bartlett
- Expansion of Airlift from Germany and Latin America to Boost Tourism
- Ambassador in US is Chairman of CARICOM Caucus
- Education Ministry Partners With Mexico to Preserve Records
- ‘Christmas in July’ Trade Show Expanding Business Opportunities – Bartlett
- Contract Signed for Refurbishing of St. Catherine Parish Court
- Court of Appeal Building Expansion on Track
Mrs. Bernita Locke is an experienced Human Resources Practitioner with over twenty five years service in the Private and Public Sectors. She has been Director of Human Resources at the Jamaica Information Service since 2009. Prior to this appointment she served for over 15 years at Life of Jamaica now Sagicor Life as Vice President of Human Resources.
Her experience spans all aspects of Human Resources Management including Training and Development and Industrial Relations. As an HR business partner and a strategic planner with many years’ experience, she contributes significantly to the corporate planning and performance management system of the JIS.
She is a former Vice President of the Jamaica Employers Federation and has served in various capacities on the Executive Council representing Employers at the International Labour Organization and in the Caribbean.
An advocate for the HR Profession and the Practice of Industrial Relations, she has served on the Labour Advisory Council, the National Insurance Fund, the National Minimum Wage Commission, Jamaica Foundation for Life Long Learning as well the Jamaica Productivity Centre. She also served on the Overseas Examination Council for over 4 years culminating in 2009.
Mrs. Locke holds an Executive Masters in Business Administration from the Mona School of Business, University of the West Indies with specialisation in Strategic Human Resources Management. She is also a trained graduate teacher.