Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Japan in Jamaica, Shotoku Habukawa (second left); and Principal of New Forest Infant and Primary School, Sharon Anderson (left), cut the ribbon to officially hand over a school bus, which will support the Expanded Rural School Bus Programme for New Forest Infant and Primary and High schools under the Japan Grassroots Human Security Project. The ceremony was held on the institutions’ compound in Manchester on November 14. Others from (third left) are Member of Parliament for South Manchester, Michael Stewart; Regional Director, Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Dr. Nadine Leachman; and Head Girl, New Forest Infant and Primary School, Abigayle Changlong.
- Minister of Housing, Urban Renewal, Environment and Climate Change, Hon. Pearnel Charles (centre), plants a Lignum Vitae tree with the help of the Chief Executive Officer and Conservator of Forest, Forestry Department, Ainsley Henry (right). Looking on is President of the Jamaica Millennium Vision for Youth, Chad Rattray. Occasion was the Youth Month tree planting exercise on Wednesday (November 25) at Boulevard Baptist Church in Kingston.
- Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Fayval Williams (right), assists student of the Clan Carthy Primary School, in Kingston, Venecia Cuff, to use a tablet, when she visited the school recently to hand over tablets. More than 40,000 tablets are being distributed across the island by e-Learning Jamaica (e-LJam), to students in grades four to six to support virtual learning, and for learners on the Programme of Advancement Through Health and Education (PATH). The objective is to provide needy students with the necessary tools to function in the online teaching and learning environment.
- Agriculture and Fisheries Minister, Hon. Floyd Green (centre), inspects a plant during a recent tour of flood-damaged areas in St. Thomas. Observing are Chief Executive Officer of the Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA), Peter Thompson (left); and RADA Parish Manager, Bevene Martin Dickenson. Farms in South and West Albion, Phillipsfield, Wheelersfield and Plantain Garden River Agro Park in the parish were visited. A tour of Serge Island farms was also conducted.
- Members of the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF), with shovels in hand, prepare to remove silt and stones from roads and homes in Weise Road in Bull Bay, St. Andrew on Friday (November 20). The JDF commenced the clean-up exercise in the community on November 11 and will continue for several weeks.
- Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Fayval Williams (centre) and Minister of Local Government and Rural Development, Hon. Desmond McKenzie (second left), interact with students following a ceremony for the handing over of devices under the Tablets in Schools programme at the Denham Town Primary School in Western Kingston on Friday (November 20). The students (from left) are: Andre Burke, St. Anne’s Primary; Thaliah Allen, Chetolah Mel Nathan Educational Centre; and Camelia Howell, Denham Town Primary.
- Minister of National Security, Hon. Dr. Horace Chang (left,) conversing with Chargé d’Affaires, United States Embassy in Kingtson, John McIntyre, during the grant signing ceremony and launch of United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Local Partner Development (LPD) Programme at the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel in St. Andrew on Thursday (November 19).
- Health and Wellness Minister, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton, displays the interim guidelines for the clinical management of diabetes and hypertension in Jamaica during the virtual launch of the Public-Private Partnership for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) pilot programme on Tuesday (November 17). Under the initiative, non-coronavirus (COVID-19) patients with the chronic conditions, who access care at health centres, will be referred to selected private providers.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade, Senator the Hon. Kamina Johnson Smith (right), and Charge d’Affaires, Republic of Korea, Lim Baejin (left), knock elbows after the official handover of medical supplies to the Ministry of Health and Wellness, on Tuesday (November 17), at the Health Ministry in Kingston. Sharing the moment is Minister of Health and Wellness, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton.
- Acting Director of Nursing Services at the Princess Margaret Hospital, Nadine Anderson-Lawrence (right), attends to a patient, assisted by Nurse Shantol Ashley-Bell.
- Performers, saxophonist – Dean Fraser (right), and singer – Demario McDowell (second right), prepare to lay a floral tribute at the grave of late Reggae singer, Frederick ‘Toots’ Hibbert, during his interment service at the National Heroes Park in Kingston on Sunday (November 15).
Photo of the day
November 26, 2020
November 26, 2020
November 26, 2020
Get the facts