Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Hon. J.C. Hutchinson (2nd left), looks at cassava uprooted by recent heavy rains, during a tour of a farm in Pennants, Clarendon, on Thursday (May 25). Others pictured (from left) are Rural Agricultural Development Authority (RADA) Engineer, Lennoy Prendergast; Chief Executive Officer of RADA, Peter Thomas; and Assistant Extension Officer, Odean Roach. Minister Hutchinson and the RADA officers visited a number of farms in Clarendon.
- Bindley Sangster looks at the shrine of his father, the late former Prime Minister, Sir Donald Sangster, after laying a wreath on October 26 to mark the 109th anniversary of Sir Donald’s birth.
- Minister of Labour and Social Security, Hon. Karl Samuda (left), greets Beverly Duncan, widow of the late former Cabinet Minister and Member of Parliament, Dr. D.K. Duncan, at his official memorial held on Sunday, October 25, at the University Chapel in St. Andrew.
- Jamaica’s second Prime Minister, Sir Donald Burns Sangster.
- One of two newly commissioned broiler units housed at the Tamarind Farm Adult Correctional Centre in Spanish Town, St. Catherine. The two units, comprising 9,000 square feet in total, were officially commissioned into service during a ceremony on Thursday (October 22). They were constructed as part of a public-private partnership (PPP) with animal feed manufacturer, Newport Mills Limited, and are expected to produce 98 tonnes of broiler meat per annum. (Contributed photo)
- Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, lays flowers at the shrine of National Hero, the Rt. Excellent Sir. Alexander Bustamante, during a ceremony at National Heroes’ Park in Kingston, on Monday (October 19). The event formed part of activities commemorating National Heroes’ Day.
- Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, Hon. Olivia Grange (centre), makes a point to tour guide at Tuff Gong Studios, Ricky Chaplin, following a tour of the facility at 220 Marcus Garvey Drive on Wednesday (October 14). Listening is Canadian High Commissioner to Jamaica, Her Excellency Laurie Peters.The tour was to get a first-hand look at the modernised vinyl record pressing system at the studio and the upgrading work being undertaken by Canadian company, Vinyl Technologies.
- Minister of Labour and Social Security, Hon. Karl Samuda, addresses a ceremony for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Jamaica Household Workers’ Union (JHWU) to promote the services of the Ministry’s Labour Market Information System (LMIS) among the Union members. The signing took place at the Ministry’s offices in downtown Kingston on Wednesday (October 14). Also pictured is Executive Member of the JHWU, Maureen Smith.
- Governor-General, His Excellency the Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen (left), converses with former Governor-General, His Excellency the Most Hon. Sir Kenneth Hall, following the Anthony N. Sabga Caribbean Awards for Excellence ceremony, held recently at The Jamaica Pegasus hotel in New Kingston. The awards recognise significant Caribbean achievement and seek to encourage and support the pursuit of excellence by Caribbean persons for the benefit of the region.
- State Minister in the Ministry of Health and Wellness, Hon. Juliet Cuthbert-Flynn (left, congratulates the top competitors in the Ministry of Health and Wellness’ ‘COVID AH KIP’ social media competition at the awards ceremong held on Wednesday (October 7) at the Ministry’s New Kingston offices. They are (from second left) competition winner, Ashagaye Mullings; Shemar Grant and Marian Burton from the second-place group; and third place, Sophia Taylor.
- To thank the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) for its donation of 15 intensive-care unit beds, 13 satellite phones, thermometers, scanners and KN 95 masks, Minister of Health and Wellness, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton (second left); and Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Jacquiline Bisasor McKenzie (left), knock elbows with Country Manager, USAID, Jason Fraser (second right); and PAHO/WHO Representative to Jamaica, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, Dr. Bernadette Theodore-Gandi, on Tuesday (October 6), at the offices of PAHO/WHO, at the University of the West Indies, Mona.
Photo of the day
Health & Wellness
October 27, 2020
October 27, 2020
October 27, 2020
Get the facts