Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness (second right), engages with students at Fundaciones, before playing a game of chess with them. The Prime Minister visited the school on Hillcreast Avenue, St. Andrew, on Thursday (June 6).
- Hospitals To Receive Mobile Blood Pressure Machines
- One Laptop Or Tablet Per Child Handover At Gaynstead High School
- Launch of National Hurricane Preparedness Campaign 2021
- Prime Minister Breaks Ground For 14-Storey Residential Complex
- Energy Minister donates solar kits to schools
- Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness (centre); Executive Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, Adam Stewart (left); and Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce, Audley Shaw, break ground for the new Sandals Dunn’s River in St. Ann on Wednesday, May 26. The project forms part of a US$238-million resort development by Sandals Resort International.
- Minister of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Fayval Williams (right), knocks elbows with student, New Providence Primary School, Earlando Taylor, at the institution on Wednesday (May 26), before the students sit the Primary Exit Profile (PEP) Ability Test.
- Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries, Hon. Floyd Green (centre), and State Minister in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, Hon. Robert Morgan (left), plant crops with wards of the State at The Nest Children’s Home located on the grounds of the Salvation Army in St. Andrew, on Friday (May 21), to launch backyard Vegetable Gardens in Residential Child Care Facilities. Observing is Administrator, The Nest Children’s Home, Captain Keith Haughton.
- Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, Hon. Olivia Grange (fourth left) and Minister of Labour and Social Security, Hon. Karl Samuda (fourth right), after laying wreaths at the Aggie Bernard monument, Kingston Craft Market, downtown Kingston, on May 18, in recognition of National Workers Week/Labour Day. Workers Week is being observed under the theme ’Safeguarding our Labour Force amid COVID-19’, to pay tribute to the Jamaican workers who participated in the 1938 Labour Riots, which has led to improved working conditions for the workers of today. Also at the ceremony are (from left): President of the Jamaica Employers’ Federation, David Wan; President of the Jamaica Confederation of Trade Unions, Helene Davis Whyte; State Minister for Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, Hon. Allando Terrelonge; Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Social Security, Collette Roberts Risden; Deputy Mayor of Kingston, Councillor Winston Ennis and Councillor, Tivoli Gardens Division, Donovan Samuels.
- Minister of National Security, Hon. Dr. Horace Chang (right), in discussion with (from left) High Commissioner of India to Jamaica, His Excellency Rungsung Masakui; and President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Bioprist Group, Dr. Guna Muppuri. Occasion was a virtual signing ceremony on Tuesday (May 18) for a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that will see the University of the West Indies (UWI) and Bioprist Group partnering on an initiative to expand Jamaica’s health tourism and medical education offerings.
Photo of the day
June 16, 2021
Sectoral Debate 2021/2022
June 16, 2021
June 16, 2021
Get the facts