We are a regulatory agency of government, operating under the legal authority of the Trade Act and the auspices of the Ministry of Industry, Investment and Commerce (MIIC).
The Trade Board is Jamaica’s certifying authority for goods exported under the various trade agreements.
The Trade Board Limited has responsibility for:
- WTO Agreement on Import Licensing.
- Issuing import and export licences for specific items that may have a negative impact on the environmental, social or economic conditions of the country;
- Issuing certificates of origin for Jamaican exports under various Preferential Trade Agreements;
- Ensuring that Jamaica meets its international obligations under the following:
- WTO Agreement on Rules of Origin
The company is headed by a Trade Administrator who manages the operations of the company under the guidance of a Board of Directors. All operations are done from its office situated at 10th Floor, Air Jamaica Building, 72 Harbour Street, Kingston.