- Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Honourable Dr. Keith Rowley [July 2016]
- President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, His Excellency Nicolás Maduro Moros [May 2016]
- Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal, Princess Anne of Edinburgh [September 2015]
- Prime Minister of Japan, His Excellency Shinzō Abe [September 2015]
- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, David Cameron [September 2015]
- President of the United States of America, Barack Obama [April 2015]
- President of Haiti, Michel Joseph Martelly [November 2013]
- The Earl and Countess of Wessex to Visit Jamaica [March 2014]
- First Lady of Burkina Faso, Her Excellency Chantal Compaoré [June 2013]
- HRH Prince Michael of Kent, GCVO [April 2013]
Vice President of the People’s Republic of China, His Excellency Xi Jinping and his delegation arrived in Jamaica on Wednesday (Feb. 11, 2009), for an official four-day visit.
Among the highlights of Mr. Xi’s visit were discussions with Prime Minister, Bruce Golding on bilateral and multilateral issues, as well as on international political developments. In addition, agreements were expected to be reached in the areas of education, agriculture, infrastructural development and finance.
The Vice-President and members of his delegation also held private meetings with Chinese-company representatives, members of the Chinese community and the staff of the Chinese Embassy.
Of note was his visit to the University of the West Indies, Mona campus for the official unveiling of the Confucius Institute. He also visited Montego Bay, where he was presented with the Keys to the City by Mayor, Councillor Charles Sinclair.
Mr. Xi also participated in the groundbreaking ceremony for the Montego Bay Convention Centre, a project which was funded by the Chinese government in the sum of $1.87 billion, and the Government of Jamaica in the sum of $802.2 million.
The visit of Mr. Xi was the first by a Chinese Vice President since 2005, when His Excellency Zen Quinghong came to the island for the China-Caribbean Economic Trade Forum.
Xi Jinping, male, ethnic Han, born in June 1953, native of Fuping, Shaanxi Province. Joined the Communist Party of China (CPC) in January 1974 and began working in January 1969. He graduated from the School of Humanities and Social Sciences of Tsinghua University, majoring in Marxist theory and ideological education. He has an on-the-job postgraduate education. Doctor of Laws (LLD).
Ties of friendship and co-operation between Jamaica and the People’s Republic of China have been underpinned by mutual respect since diplomatic relations were established in 1972.