TIPS: Practical Advice
- Flood Safety Tips
- Landslide Safety Tips
- Earthquake Safety Tips
- Road Safety Tips
- Physical Activity Guide and Toolkit for the Workplace
- Christmas Spending Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions: Ebola Virus Disease
- Frequently Asked Questions: Chikungunya
- CHIKUNGUNYA (CHIK) Fact Sheet
- Christmas Safety Tips
- Cancer Prevention Tips
- Back to School Tips
- Back to School Health Tips
- Tips for Parents / Schools to Protect Children at Home and School
- General Health and Safety Tips
- Safety Tips: Rape
- Tips: Prevention of Dengue Fever
- Back to School Road Safety Tips
- 14 Tips On How To Keep Cool In The Summer
- Hurricane Tips
- Personal Safety When Driving
- Safety In and Around the Home
- Fire Safety
At present, the only way to prevent and control the Dengue epidemic is to combat the mosquitoes that transmit the disease:
1. Discard old drums, used tyres, plastic containers and other items that collect rainwater. These items act as breeding ground for the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes.
2. Sleeping area should have mosquito netting over the bed.
3. Avoid mosquito bites even during the day.
4. Wear long sleeves shirts and long pants outdoor.
5. Use mosquito repellent on skin and clothing.
6. Eliminate mosquito breeding sites around homes.
7. Regularly change water in animals and pets container.
Information gathered from the Ministry of Health Website.