- Labour Day Message by Leader of the Opposition, Dr. Peter Phillips
- Dr. Peter Phillips is Leader of The Opposition
- 2017/18 Budget Presentation by Leader of the Opposition, Portia Simpson Miller
- Opposition Leader Proposes Special Standing Committee on Social Security
- 2017 New Year Message by the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller ON, MP Leader of the Opposition
- Christmas Message 2016 Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller ON, MP Leader of the Opposition
- Statement by the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller on the Election of Donald J. Trump as President of the United States
- National Heroes Day Message By Leader of the Opposition, the Most Hon., Portia Simpson Miller
- Independence Day Message from LOO, Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller
- PM Commends National Disaster Response Team
[Official Profile coming soon!]
New President of the People’s National Party (PNP), Dr. Peter Phillips, was sworn in on April 3, 2017 as Leader of the Opposition, at King’s House.
He was presented with the Instrument of Appointment by Governor-General, His Excellency the Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen.
The function was attended by Members of the Parliamentary Opposition; former Leader of the Opposition, the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller; Dr. Phillips’ wife, attorney-at-law Sandra Minott-Phillips, and other family members.
In his remarks, the Governor-General said the Leader of the Opposition exercises significant influence and authority.
“He has to lead a team conscious of the inescapable obligation to ensure that the laws and regulations which are introduced and passed are in the best interest of the citizens,” he said.
Read the full story HERE.