- Statement by the Min. of Finance on the Revised Property Tax Rates
- ‘Jamaica Moves’ to Launch on April 7
- Chief Justice Hails Criminal Bench Book
- Health Ministry Promotes Lifestyles that Focus on Preventative Care
- Champion Blood Donor Believes in Giving Back
- Reduction of Non-Revenue Water to Boost Drought Resilience
- Pay Attention to What Children do Outside the Home – Grant
- SRC Science Fair Postponed
- Role of AGD Expanded
- Jamaica Aiming for Tier 1 Ranking in Human Trafficking Fight
Mr. Ian Boyne, CD, was appointed Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) in 2010. His responsibilities include serving as Chief State Liaison to the Office of the Prime Minister, Office of the Governor-General and the Office of the Leader of the Opposition and giving oversight to the Research, Publications and Production (Editorial and Photo) Division.
Host of the Agency’s flagship interview programme, Issues and Answers, Mr. Boyne furthers the public education thrust of the JIS through his incisive range of questions which elucidate the Government’s response to the national issues of the day.
Mr. Boyne has had a long career with the JIS as he first joined the entity when it was known as the Agency for Public Information (API) in 1976 as feature writer and television broadcaster. In 1983 he became the Press Secretary/Speech Writer to the then Minister of Industry and Commerce, Douglas Vaz and from then to 2002 worked with every Minister of Industry under successive administrations as Speech Writer/Public Relations Consultant after which he rejoined the JIS in 2002.
In the media fraternity, he is regarded as a veteran journalist who entered the profession in 1975. Outside of the JIS, he is the host of the 26 year old TVJ programme Profile, the host of Religious Hardtalk and a columnist for the Sunday Gleaner.
In 2009, the Government of Jamaica recognized his contribution to journalism with the Commander of the Order of Distinction (CD).
Mr. Boyne is a Minister of Religion and the author of “Ideas Matter: Journey into the Mind of a Veteran Journalist.