- PM Holness Announces Boundaries for Cockpit Country
- Jamaicans Urged to Prepare for Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Statement to Parliament on the Boundaries of the Cockpit Country
- Agro-Tourism Stakeholders Welcome Gastronomy Thrust
- Opportunities in Tourism for Local Farmers
- Gov’t Committed to Ensuring Access to Tertiary Education – Senator Reid
- OCA Launches Social Media Manuals
- Gov’t Training 20,000 for Labour Market
- Justice Minister Wants Cases Tried in Timely Manner
- PM Says Diaspora Can be Powerful Tool for National Development
Mr. Ian Boyne, CD, was appointed Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) in 2010. His responsibilities include serving as Chief State Liaison to the Office of the Prime Minister, Office of the Governor-General and the Office of the Leader of the Opposition and giving oversight to the Research, Publications and Production (Editorial and Photo) Division.
Host of the Agency’s flagship interview programme, Issues and Answers, Mr. Boyne furthers the public education thrust of the JIS through his incisive range of questions which elucidate the Government’s response to the national issues of the day.
Mr. Boyne has had a long career with the JIS as he first joined the entity when it was known as the Agency for Public Information (API) in 1976 as feature writer and television broadcaster. In 1983 he became the Press Secretary/Speech Writer to the then Minister of Industry and Commerce, Douglas Vaz and from then to 2002 worked with every Minister of Industry under successive administrations as Speech Writer/Public Relations Consultant after which he rejoined the JIS in 2002.
In the media fraternity, he is regarded as a veteran journalist who entered the profession in 1975. Outside of the JIS, he is the host of the 26 year old TVJ programme Profile, the host of Religious Hardtalk and a columnist for the Sunday Gleaner.
In 2009, the Government of Jamaica recognized his contribution to journalism with the Commander of the Order of Distinction (CD).
Mr. Boyne is a Minister of Religion and the author of “Ideas Matter: Journey into the Mind of a Veteran Journalist.