- Former Prime Minister Receives Global Achievement Award
- Health Ministry Undertaking Measures to Curtail Malaria
- Regional Drug Law Enforcement Training Centre Celebrating 21 Years of Service
- Two-Week Timeline for Completion of Bustamante Hospital Repairs
- Jamaica to Benefit from Co-Operation Agreement with Morocco
- New National Consular Policy Being Developed
- Gov’t Turns Down UK Offer of New Maximum-Security Prison
- SDC Completes Asset Mapping of Clarendon
- Manufacturing Contributed $55.9 Billion for 2015/16
- Justice Ministry to Roll Out Audiovisual and Transcript Technology in Courts
Mr. Ian Boyne, CD, was appointed Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) in 2010. His responsibilities include serving as Chief State Liaison to the Office of the Prime Minister, Office of the Governor-General and the Office of the Leader of the Opposition and giving oversight to the Research, Publications and Production (Editorial and Photo) Division.
Host of the Agency’s flagship interview programme, Issues and Answers, Mr. Boyne furthers the public education thrust of the JIS through his incisive range of questions which elucidate the Government’s response to the national issues of the day.
Mr. Boyne has had a long career with the JIS as he first joined the entity when it was known as the Agency for Public Information (API) in 1976 as feature writer and television broadcaster. In 1983 he became the Press Secretary/Speech Writer to the then Minister of Industry and Commerce, Douglas Vaz and from then to 2002 worked with every Minister of Industry under successive administrations as Speech Writer/Public Relations Consultant after which he rejoined the JIS in 2002.
In the media fraternity, he is regarded as a veteran journalist who entered the profession in 1975. Outside of the JIS, he is the host of the 26 year old TVJ programme Profile, the host of Religious Hardtalk and a columnist for the Sunday Gleaner.
In 2009, the Government of Jamaica recognized his contribution to journalism with the Commander of the Order of Distinction (CD).
Mr. Boyne is a Minister of Religion and the author of “Ideas Matter: Journey into the Mind of a Veteran Journalist.