- Government Targeting Significant Reduction of Non-Communicable Diseases
- Evacuation of Jamaican Nationals from the BVI
- Jamaica and China Sign Aquatic Exports MoU
- Local Government and Health Ministries Partner to Provide Ambulances for Firefighters
- Prime Minister Lauds JDF for Role in Advancing HOPE Programme
- NEPA Invites Feedback on Provisional Development Orders
- Business and Property Value Boom Anticipated from Barbican Road Project
- Senate President Extends Condolences to Earthquake and Hurricane Victims
- PM Breaks Ground for Ruthven Towers Apartment Complex
- Schools Urged To Submit Needs Early
Miss Enthrose Campbell, Director of Production since 2009, has been employed to the Jamaica Information Service (JIS) for the past 18 years, having been recruited as Editor in the Radio Department.
She has had the distinction of serving in the capacity of Manager for both the JIS Radio and Television departments in 2000 and 1998 respectively; a responsibility which has equipped her to give oversight to the Production Division which now includes the Computer Services Department.
As Production Director, her skills and competencies are relied on to ensure a coordinated response by her departments to State and Official events and she keeps a keen eye on the programming to ensure the output is at a high quality daily. As Chairman of the Jamaica 50 and JIS 50 Committees, Ms. Campbell led the teams which produced the Agency’s Jamaica 50 publication and the celebratory activities to mark the 50th Anniversary of the JIS.
A graduate of the University of the West Indies (Mona), Ms. Campbell holds a Masters in Spanish Translation and has had her skills utilized by the Government of Jamaica to translate for journalists on a number of occasions including speeches delivered by former Prime Minister, the Most Hon. P.J. Patterson and President of Cuba, Fidel Castro.
She has pursued training courses in Venezuela, China, Cuba and Spain as well as Colombia where she sharpened her management, language, and technical skills.
A woman of faith, Ms. Campbell continues to inspire her colleagues at JIS and at her local assembly where she worships at the Church of the Open Bible with her drive for excellence.