- 500 Volunteers Trained to Search for and Rescue Missing Children
- Repairs Being Monitored at Ward Theatre to Maintain Heritage Value
- Residents Take Part in Child Protection Sensitisation Session
- Farmers Urged to Practise Integrated Pest Management to Control BAW
- Tourism Poised for Increased Earnings
- Jamaica 55 UK Steering Committee Launched
- East Rural St. Andrew Residents Put Work into Labour Day
- JCF to be Redefined as Protection and Service Entity
- Stakeholders Welcome Partnership on Vector Management Programme
- Foreign Affairs Ministry Renovates Basic School
Mrs. Donna-Marie Rowe is the Chief Executive Officer of the Jamaica Information Service having been promoted to this position in 2009. Previously she served as Public Relations Manager for seven years at the Agency.
A Public Relations Specialist, with more than 17 years experience, she joined the Government’s premier PR entity, immediately after graduating from the University of the West Indies (Mona) with a Bachelor of Science degree in English. She went on to achieve a Masters Degree in Communication Studies and secured a diploma in Public Relations and training in Risk Communication in Washington DC, and Panama sponsored by PAHO/WHO.
A student of leadership principles, Mrs. Rowe is passionate about personal, professional and spiritual growth. Under her leadership the Agency achieved significant successes in the areas of revenue generation, increased public awareness through carefully crafted and executed PR programmes and an enhanced corporate brand.
She was responsible for mobilizing the skills and competencies of her team in revolutionizing the JIS programmes in 2010, which for decades were allocated half hour blocks in the media. She marshaled the programme changes and gave oversight to a smooth transition from the long form programming to succinct and information-packed five-minute programmes.
She also championed the production of a commemorative Jamaica 50 publication, “Our Golden Jubilee: Snapshots of Post Independent Jamaica 1962-2012” which went on to win an international award eclipsing some 677 other publications, representing 21 countries.
As a born again Christian, Mrs. Rowe serves in her local assembly at All Saints Apostolic. She is a devoted wife and mother of two children. In her spare time she enjoys photography and reading.