- Office of the Prime Minister
- Ministry of Economic Growth & Job Creation
- Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport
- Transport and Mining
- Science, Energy and Technology
- National Security
- Local Government and Community Development
- Labour and Social Security
- Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries
- Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Finance and Public Service
- Education, Youth and Information
The Ministry of Local Government acts as the agent of local development. This covers the areas of development planning, minor water supplies, municipal parks & beautification, markets, street lighting, solid waste management, fire services and disaster preparedness among other national matters.
The responsibility for local government was moved to the Office of the Prime Minister in September 2007 with the aim of accelerating the pace of local government reform. The move also allows the ministry to advance capacity building within local authorities in accordance with the recommendations made by the National Advisory Council on local government reform. The four main areas of focus were governance, especially in relation to democracy and transparency; finance and funding; structure and function; and legal framework.