- Ambition to Serve in the JCF Realised After 16 Years, Four Exams
- Inside a Police Youth Camp That’s Saving Lives
- Mother Recounts Hit-and-Run Horror
- Thriving Business – 28-yr-old Amazed by Farming Success
- Raising a Son With Down’s Syndrome — A Father’s Story
- No Regrets – Former University Student Finds Her Passion
- ‘I Gave Myself a Chance’ – Alphanso Cunningham Shares Story of Triumph
The annual Jamaica Information Service Heritage Essay competition is back!!!
This is your chance to show how much you know about Jamaica’s Heritage Sites!
This year the JIS is asking students aged nine to 12 to respond to the question:
Your essay should:
- Be written in English
- Must be completely original
- Should be 400 to 500 words
- Have a title page
- Have a list of references (at least one of which MUST be a JIS source…Like this one)
Up for the challenge?
The top three entries will receive prizes from our sponsors.
Prizes will also be given to other students whose essays standout from the crowd.
Here are the criteria for entering the JIS Heritage Essay Competition…