- Ambition to Serve in the JCF Realised After 16 Years, Four Exams
- Inside a Police Youth Camp That’s Saving Lives
- Mother Recounts Hit-and-Run Horror
- Thriving Business – 28-yr-old Amazed by Farming Success
- Raising a Son With Down’s Syndrome — A Father’s Story
- No Regrets – Former University Student Finds Her Passion
- ‘I Gave Myself a Chance’ – Alphanso Cunningham Shares Story of Triumph
There are several key events and personalities that propelled, Jamaica, a former colony of the British Empire, heavy under the weight of slavery and other social injustices, towards independence.
The birth pains of our nation are sometimes drowned out by the excitement and vibrancy of our annual celebrations. But we must not forget any event or any of the lives that were dedicated to our great nation achieving sovereignty on that fateful day, August 6, 1962.
You can read the flip-magazine below or download Jamaican Independence: A Timeline for a artful synopsis of Jamaica’s trail to Independence.